This has to be one of the easiest and tastiest snacks going, so easy in fact that you can make it if you’re very tipsy at 2am without injury #tested.
- 1 tin of artichokes, drained
- A) 1 small tub of Philadelphia and 1 dessert spoon of mayonnaise, OR
- B) 3 dessert spoons of mascarpone cheese / cream cheese
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chilli – you can go mild or as hot as you like with this element!
- Sea salt & milled black pepper to taste
Put all of the above in a food processor and whizz it for a few minutes ’til all the ingredients are mixed.
That’s it. Seriously, that’s it. I like to chill it for 15mins or so it sets like a paté for spreading on crackers, however if you eat it straight away it’s more like a dip. It’s delicious
The more cheese you use, the more like a paté it is. If you want it more ‘dip’ like, add a bit of crème fraiche or some more mayo.